CMOSH Admissions + Financial Support

Candidates who wish to enroll in the CMOSH track will need to complete the application process for both:

  1. The Master of Science in Construction Management degree program
  2. The University of Washington Graduate School

Candidates need to hold baccalaureate degrees (B.S. or B.A.) in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Technology, Architecture, Occupational Health & Safety or similar fields from an accredited college or university.

When applying, clearly articulate your interest and motivation for enrolling in the CMOSH track in your Statement of Purpose. Applications for the 2017 autumn enrollment are due on/before July 1 and candidates are strongly encouraged to contact the track faculty as early as possible to express their interest.

Financial Support

NIOSH ERC Trainee Fellowship/Funding
The University of Washington’s Department of Construction Management has established three traineeship positions for incoming master students who apply to the Construction Management Occupational Safety and Health (CMOSH) track. The source of support is a NIOSH Education and Education Research Center training grant.

Funding includes a tuition waiver and a monthly stipend with medical, dental and vision insurance. Only U.S. citizen and permanent resident applicants are eligible for the funding, although both domestic and foreign applicants can enroll in the CMOSH track.

Those who are interested in the traineeship should apply to the Masters in Construction Management (Safety & Health emphasis) degree program no later than July 1, in order to start the traineeship at the beginning of Fall Quarter 2016.

Applicants with excellent qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications early; their applications will be considered competitively prior to July 1. For questions or more information, please contact Dr. Ken-Yu Lin (