The Safety and Health Advancement through Research and Education (SHARE) Lab promotes construction safety and health through evidenced-based innovative research, education, and practices. The SHARE lab creates new knowledge, learning resources, and practical solutions through industry partnerships and by using technology intervention such as wearable sensors, visualization, serious gaming and tablet computers.
Answering the Health and Safety Questions of Today and Tomorrow
SHARE answers questions about how to improve construction health and safety in today’s workplace and how to improve worker health and safety in the future:
- How do we take advantage of the safety and health data records collected in the field?
- How do we use new technologies to facilitate worker training and safety planning?
- How can we retain the construction workforce and embrace worker wellbeing?
Pursuing Innovative Solutions to Health and Safety
SHARE has produced innovative, digital tools for the construction industry, including:
- The iSafe Safety Field Inspection System
- Computer Animated Fall Protection Training Suite
- 3D Construction Safety Video Game to Evaluate and Assess Student Learning
Read more about SHARE lab research, people and projects.