The CM Masters admission process is now 100% online. Please go to this link and start your application. This applies to both the classroom-based and online programs.
Starting this academic year (2016-17), the Department of CM will be accepting applications for the classroom-based Master of Science in Construction Management only ONCE a year. All applications (for both international and domestic students) will be due January 31, 2017 at midnight. Students applying by February 1 will be considered for admission to start their studies in Fall 2017.
(Note: the on-line Masters program will continue to admit students throughout the year.)
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.
Updated process (as of Oct 19, 2016)
Follow the instructions below to apply for the Master of Science in Construction Management (classroom-based option)
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
Prepare all the documents listed in the Admissions Requirements. Make sure to follow the Admission Deadlines. For the GRE/TOEFL testing results, make sure to use the following School Codes:
- UW – 4854 (make sure they are submitted electronically)
- TOEFL scores /GRE – 5199
- Apply to the Graduate School
Start the application process at the graduate school admissions portal to create an applicant profile that will include basic applicant contact and demographic information, citizenship, application account password, and other information. If you are offered admission, you will be required to send original official transcripts to the Graduate School for verification of your B.S. prior degrees and show whether your school was accredited or not.
2. Required items for your application
Once you created your profile with the graduate school admissions portal, you will need to provide the following information:
- Unofficial transcripts from all previous educational institutions
- GRE scores
- TOEFL scores (for international applicants only) (IELTS is no longer accepted)
- Statement of Purpose
- This one-page essay explains why you seek admission to the M.S. Construction Management program (see essay instructions within application form).
- Personal résumé or CV
- Three letters of recommendation
- From current or former employers or supervisors or former teachers
- They will be submitted online through MyGrad program
- International applicants are required to convert their final degree score into the USA 4-point system in order to obtain an equivalent GPA. Applicants are encouraged to use this website http://www.foreigncredits.com/
Resources/GPA-Calculator/ to calculate the equivalent GPA. (Make copy of the screen shots showing the courses credits and scores, and the calculated GPA. Submit as part of the online application.)
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
After your application has been submitted, you can check the status of your application by logging in to your MyGrad account. If you cannot remember your password or are having trouble logging in, try the “forgot password” link.
The Construction Management Department Admissions Committee’s review of all applications begins within two weeks after the application deadline. Departmental decisions are made approximately four weeks from the start of the review process. Official department letters of decision are sent on-line through MyGrad program.