Arch/CM Dual Degree Application and Instructions
How to apply for the Dual Degree
Review your prerequisites and contact both the Architecture adviser and the CM Adviser.
- Apply to Architecture
Second year students must submit an application to the Architecture Department for the fall semester. For deadlines and instructions for how to apply, visit the Architecture Website.
2. Apply to Construction Management
DEADLINE: April 1 (or the following Monday if the 1st falls on a weekend)
Your application packet to the Department of Construction Management is due in your third year of study after you have been accepted to the Architecture Department and must consist of the following:
- Application for Admission
- The 2016 application is now available. Instructions for completing the application are a separate file. Read the instructions carefully before, and while, you prepare your application.
- Complete the application on your computer or print it out and type in your responses.
- No handwritten applications will be accepted.
- SIGN and date your application. Unsigned applications are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
- Personal Statement
- One-page typed statement that indicates your motivation and goals for pursuing a degree in construction management.
- The statement may describe your skills or personality traits that make you well-suited for a career in Construction Management, leadership experience, economic hardships and family background.
- Additional content and formatting instructions are on the application.
- Letters of reference
- Minimum of 3, maximum of 6 (no preference given for more than 3)
- Letters should be written on company stationary, signed, sealed in envelope, and submitted with application materials.
- College transcripts
- A copy of your unofficial UW transcript (use the print-friendly version available on MyUW)
- Official transcripts from all non-UW colleges or universities attended
- Transcripts must show grades from the most recent quarter (usually the previous Winter)
- Your resume should document your work experience, extracurricular activities, and additional skills or experience.
- Use a clear, simple format.
Application submission instructions
- Submit all materials together (in a large envelope for example)
- Do not bind or staple the materials
- Do not put materials into a folder or a binder
- Submit application materials to:
UW Dept. of Construction Management
120 Architecture Hall, Box 351610
Seattle, WA 98195-1610
- If hand-delivered, this application must be received in 120 Architecture Hall by 4:00 p.m. on April 1, 2016.
- If mailed, the envelope must bear a postmark dated on or before April 1. After 4 p.m. on April 1, we will not accept mailed applications that do not bear postmarks.
- Did you sign and date your application?