March 29, 2017
CM/Engineering Intern, IO Environmental and Infrastructure, posted 3/29
Company: IO Environmental and Infrastructure, Inc.
Job Title: Construction Management/Engineering Internship
General Manager – Seattle
IO Environmental and Infrastructure (IOEI) is seeking an intern. Our business focus is in the area of environmental remediation, civil construction and site restoration projects in the Pacific Northwest. IOEI’s primary business lines are environmental remediation, treatment system installation, habitat restoration, and community restoration projects such as trails, playgrounds, parks, etc.
This is a temporary position involving various duties that permit exposure to the intern’s field of study and provide experience that is a useful addition for future professional employment. The intern will be assigned to and work from IOEI’s Redmond, WA office location.
Under the direction and guidance of the general manager, project managers, superintendents, estimator, and administrative staff, assists and supports field projects which include but are not limited to: civil construction, environmental remediation, stream/habitat restoration, installation and operation of soil vapor extraction/air sparging and duel extraction systems. Typical functions include assisting office personnel and/or field staff in:
- Preparing bid estimates;
- Generating project submittals, pursuant to contract specifications;
- Securing project permits;
- Tracking project costs;
- Project documentation, weekly reports, updating work plans, etc.;
- Updating project schedules;
- Analyzing project critical paths to increase efficiency;
- Communicating with vendors as needed;
- Purchasing materials and scheduling deliveries;
- Researching bid opportunities; and
- Planning and participation in project meetings, as required.
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Skilled in: The use of personal computers and laptops; creative thinking and conceptualization; messaging; good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to: Carry-out simple instructions, deal with abstracts; deal with non-verbal symbols, equations or graphs; prepare meaningful, concise and accurate reports; use proper research methods in gathering data; arrange items in chronological and/or numerical order.
We encourage you to apply for an internship at IOEI who has been listed by Forbes Magazine as one of the top 100 fastest growing inter-city businesses in America, three years running.
Please send resume to: Bradc@iosdv.com. Brad is the General Manager in the Seattle area, and will give your resume due consideration.