September 30, 2016
Construction Cost Estimator, posted 9/30/16
Construction Cost Estimator:
The Robinson Company located in Seattle, WA (near the Pike Market) is looking for a talented cost estimator to join our consulting firm.
The Robinson Company is one of the leading cost estimating and project/construction management firms in the Northwest. We have been in business for over 30 years and many of our employees have been with us for over 20 years! We are a small close-knit group of 13 employees. Our cost estimating department works with a large number of architectural firms and owners throughout Washington on a wide variety of public and private sector projects.
We are looking to expand our estimating department. We offer a completive salary (DOE), great medical benefits, profit sharing, retirement contributions, paid vacation/sick leave, parking/public transit compensation and a very friendly atmosphere that does not require excessive overtime.
We are looking for someone with the following qualities and skills to join our team.
- Analytical skills: Accurately read, evaluate and quantify from plans and specifications
- Detail oriented: Cost estimators must pay attention to small details because such details may have a large impact on a project’s overall cost.
- Technical skills: Detailed knowledge of industry processes, materials, and costs are vital. Prior experience in general construction and estimating a plus.
- Time-management skills: Must be self-motivated and punctual. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow-up skills both internally and externally. Must be able to plan the work to meet schedule deadlines and work efficiently and accurately.
- Communications: Must be able to verbally communicate as well as provide written detailed reports and executive summaries.
Estimating Job Description
· Read blueprints and technical documents in order to prepare construction cost estimates
- Provide quantity survey for all elements of a project from CSI/Master Format Sections 0-14 and Section 30.
- Review estimates provided by others (M/E/P, civil and landscaping) for scope, exclusions, overlaps and check of pricing.
- Compile, review and analyze historical data
- Review and analyze contractor estimates or schedule of values for deltas and differences between estimates
- Contact generals, subs and suppliers to obtain current unit pricing
- Attend meetings with architect and/or Owner, as necessary, to understand project and/or review estimate.
- Knowledge/use of various software programs such as Microsoft Office including Access, On Screen Take-off, Bluebeam, Revit Light
We are a great company to work for. If interested in a career with us please send your resume to: Robco@robinson-co.com