September 6, 2016
BIM Engineer – posted 9/6/2016
|Job Summary||Support the Engineering team on one or more projects using your expertise in Building Information Modeling.|
|Essential Duties And Responsibilities||Responsible for :
– The ability to work in a variety of construction environments including commercial, Educational, industrial and health care related projects
– Manage and Coordinate project deliveries/ delegated tasks with offshore production team.
– Review and QA/QC project deliverables.
– Learn and demonstrate proficiency in software related to BIM
– Learn and Demonstrate proficiency in construction trade knowledge (MEPF & Coordination).
– Strive to build strong network connections with project customers.
– Working with our clients during pre-construction phase to build the 3D models, 2D Shop Drawings, As-Built and Submittal drawings
– Be a champion in the advancement of BIM
|– Must be willing to work as an Onsite BIM Engineer with Client’s project team.
– Document Control Support.
|Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.|
|Education and/or Experience||– BS, MS or foreign equivalent in Construction Engineering and Management/Technology from reputed university.
– Prefer with 1-3 years of experience in BIM detailing work from pre-construction through handoff phase of commercial construction.
– Learning knowledge of AutoCAD MEP ®, Revit ® and Navisworks ®.
– Experience working with AutoCAD MEP Fabrication preferred.
– Excellent collaborative and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively
– Ability to lead and train small teams.
– Proven leadership and teamwork experience
|Language, Mathematical, And/OR Reasoning Ability||– Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
– Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Quick learner
– Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
– Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
– Leadership – Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
|Physical Demands||Required to travel to local customer sites located within 50 miles from the home office. Also required to travel, on an average once a quarter, within US to attend conferences and visit regional/national customer sites|
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.